Skip to main content

WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT’S ALL GOING WRONG…

Arrrrrrrrrgh! I just felt like screaming but the
awkwardness of how I felt that day was that I couldn’t
express any feeling. I felt dead_almost like a vamp. I tried,
trust me, I did try to force some tears but when I checked
the mirror,nada! No tears. I gave up on that and when I saw
some bread lying around_I went for it.Mehn, I felt bad_
really Grace you’re eating at this sad moment mmh? Buh then I
thought to myself,maybe it was the hunger holding the tears
right? The time was almost some minutes to midnight and the
light was still switched on still, so I switched it off and

my thoughts took over. Strange thoughts like what would
happen if I suddenly went outside and started dancing to a
Very loud music. Before I knew it I was awake, I checked my
phone, “4:15am”. Oh my Gosh, when did I even drift off to
sleep? And guess what? I actually did feel awesome for no
reason_ just like that, so I just did a hurried prayer to God
for thanks…
  Okay why did I narrate this story? I guess It’s just
to point out that sometimes we feel bad or sad for no just
reason, or maybe some bottled up (maybe a wine bottle?)
emotions or maybe the stress or whatever but what I’ve learnt
with experience is that sometimes it’s okay to betray sadness
by being grateful for all that we have (even if you literally
have nothing but the clothes you have on). Those bad days
that it seems like eveything and everyone are going crazy or
it seems like the universe has a no-no to everything you have
planned out; the car that spills muddy water on your dress
and drives off, the bus driver that’s so slow you miss a test
or interview, the rain that spoils the picnic you’be spent
weeks planning and that lecturer that decides to walk
 only you out of his class for chatting with your
friends_ how much worse could it get? Maybe on such days our
attitude towards these disasters could make us less sad.
Smiling through it all could betray those bad days. It’s
definitely not easy and all but then It’s less irritating, if
you think about it.
  I guess what this piece or rather what  I_ I mean
“we”_ this piece and I are trying to say in summary is that
positive attitude towards bad situations could turn out for
the better or not_if you’re still a total douche though.
Anyways I’m positive enough to believe it’d work out well for
everyone. Ciao!
Grace Okogwu
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SATURDAY SAD TALES

It was impossible to completely assimilate what Richard was going on about; what the group of umunna’s scattered around our sitting room were going on about. The only two words that had registered in my mind were, “new” and “wife”, and I wasn’t even upset. Hadn’t I seen this coming? Hadn’t my instincts warned me? My vicious mother-in-law from the start, threatened?No, I wasn’t upset; I was completely slapped across the face with surprise. I thought finally Richard and I were fine, that we were gone past the rocky months in our marriage. He’d been smiling more often the past few weeks. He told me just last week how much he loved me: with his eyes, like he did the first day he saw me, that day at the Customer Service room in the First Bank Headquarters of Nsukka, on the chilly day of December 4th .

Richard’s eyes were what Professor Agu¸our Classical English literature final year professor described as “sorrowful but intense; the kind of eyes that draws you in to want to know more...” he…

MARY DOES NOT KNOW

September1       September ushered in the last of the rains;  the kind that fell noiselessly and without the fierce winds like in May and June. 

May 17        May was when I saw it, the fierce eyes of Soluja the mad man. it had been a cloudy day, one where, the blackness of the cloud thickened, breaking up now and then with thunder and lightening, darkening my mood like charcoal.
       i was sitting by the window of the moving bus, lost in thought, what people refer to as being "absent minded," when my eyes met the mad man's. i'd expected to meet a blank expression but what my eyes saw were alert pupils; pointy unblinking eyes  with an air of artistic craziness. almost as if he could see through my fears, past my boldness to dare stare at him. he could see all of my secrets and those eyes,  still haunt me till this day...  

June 5           if i turned, she would definitely know i was staring at her and i wasn't about to give her the satisfaction of being admired. low…

20 REASONS TO JOIN AIESEC

If you have been curious about improving your leadership skills or joining the best student extra curriculum organisation eveer! then you're in luck because AIESEC is interested in YOU. Quickly go through these reasons to join AIESEC today.1. Go on a work abroad experience, develop your leadership skills.2.Network and meet new people in your university, around Nigeria and in 110 countries we are present in.3. Be a part of a network of ambitious and talented AIESEC leaders around the world and utilize this network for the rest of your life.4. Get the opportunity to travel to different places through the various conferences within and outside Nigeria.5. Find a suitable Mentor who can guide you through your career decisions and many life experiences.6. Cultivate a global mindset and develop entrepreneurial outlook in a flexible and customizable work environment.7. Increase awareness on things outside your text book through practical international experience and on the job learning.8.…